Wednesday, May 04, 2005

world in motion

The running track is rounded and when you run your laps on it, it gives you the sense of being on a rhythmical circular motion around one axis.
The night is warm, the cukoos are singing and the stream is murmuring a never-ending song. All signs of civilization stay silent in a magical halt of time. Looking up at the stars, I feel my heart pounding after the exercise.
Back home for a shower, I find my father peeping into the space with his binoculars. The night is specially bright. A gift from a clear atmosphere comes through the lenses. He tells me to have a look.
There they are: Io, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto; the four beautiful moons, running their endless laps in the airless space. No oxygen for their effort, yet they revolve on and on tracing a myriad of paths around Jupiter.
And so I knew that, when I clicked my stopwatch, they still went on, restless, and then looked down at me and laughed at my laboured breathing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home