plastic wrapped life
I choose the best apples and pick up the greener bananas. It´s those I like best. Miss, don´t touch the fruit, you must use one of those plastic gloves. I look down at my clean fingers. I haven´t messed up the other pieces of fruit. The man´s eyes stare at me in a menacing glare. I give up and put on a glove. I throw it off to the dustbin after I´m done, just a minute later.
Let´s move on to the next aisle! Sir, can I have some ham? Sure miss, how much? He wrappes my ham in some paper, I stretch out my arm. Wait miss! He places my paper-wrapped ham into a plastic bag and hands it out. Thanks, sir.
Let´s go for some pastries! Oh, I love the chocolate ones! And the salty ones! Miss, I am sorry, you can´t mix those. Isn´t it the same thing? Err.. yes, but you can´t mix them into one... - I see, I´ll put them into two different plastic bags and have them weighted separately. Thanks miss. She smiles now.
Enough shopping! I carry all my plastic bags to the check out till and queue up. An old woman and a retired man stand before me. They are putting their fruit plastic bags, their chicken plastic wrapping and their milk plastic bottles on the belt.
The check-out girl is putting their fruit plastic bags into a bigger supermarket plastic bag. The man is putting their chicken plastic wrapping and their milk plastic bottles into bigger supermarket plastic bags. They pay off and go away. I can see them placing their shopping into the boot; to drive it just up the street.
Miss! it´s your turn, miss! Have you got our card? Yes, I have. And my own trolley. No need for bags, miss, I have got my own trolley here. She looks very busy checking out things. I turn round and lay my basket on the floor. Too late. The girl has put all my plastic bags into bigger supermarket plastic bags and is giving the bill out to me.
Thanks for your purchase, miss, have a nice day!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home